Monday, April 25, 2022

The Slugburger Cafe, Corinth, MS

Slugburger Cafe

MAP 

The Slugburger Cafe is a small cafe in Corinth on Highway 72 just west of US-45. There are at least two slug burger cafes in Corinth, this one and the White Trolley. I believe this one claims to be the original. They also have beef burgers and other foods including breakfast and they open early at 6:00 AM.

Slug burgers are similar to hamburgers but there is no meat. The patty is made of soy or dough (depending on the recipe) and fried. I was in Corinth this past Wednesday and stopped by.

The burger was really good and better than the last time I had one at the White Trolley. The prices are pretty cheap. The slug burgers are only only $1.50 each and my total for two burgers and a canned drink was less than $6.00.

I will definitely be back when I'm in the area.


 

Other recent trips

Abe's Corinth - Burger and fries

Note: The people at Abe's have always been friendly but this time they were not. The owner never spoke, although to be fair he was cooking and didn't really have time but the lady, I think his wife, was not particularly friendly and acted annoyed when I asked for more than two packs of ketchup with my fries. Maybe they were just having a bad day. The food was good as usual though.

Another note, apparently they are serving mostly to go orders now. The door was locked and you order and receive your order the window. No complaints. It's just something to be aware of.

 

Renee's Downtown Memphis (They don't seem to have a web site) - Tuna Sandwich and fries







No comments:

Post a Comment