Friday, October 29, 2021

Rockhouse Live, Oxford, MS

Rockhouse Live

MAP 

Rockhouse is a bar and grill on the square in Oxford at the corner of Lamar Boulevard and Tyler Avenue across the street from Moe's Original Barbecue. I think it's fairly new to Oxford and I saw it for the first time last week while I was eating at Moe's. I was parked right in front of it and looked at the menu before I left to come home that day.

I was in Oxford again yesterday and went there for lunch. It seems to be Cajun inspired cuisine with several types of gator meat items, jambalaya, and other things like that. Yesterday I ordered the queso as an appetizer and the Devilburger which is a cheeseburger with pepper jack cheese, sour cream, guacamole, green chili peppers, and an onion ring.

The queso reminded me of the bean dip that you can buy in the grocery store but it didn't taste like that. It was very thick and just spicy enough to not be too hot for folks that don't like hot spicy food.

Everything was really good and I definitely want to go back. There were numerous things on the menu that sounded great including gator, shrimp, or crawfish tacos, and several other specific things I want to eventually try.

The service was really good and the prices were reasonable for what I got. My total was just under $25 including a drink and tax before tip.

As the name suggests, they sometimes have live music but I was there earlier in the afternoon and didn't have time to stay for the band that was listed last night.






No comments:

Post a Comment