Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Las Tortugas Deli Mexicana, Germantown, TN

Las Tortugas Deli Mexicana

MAP

Deli Mexicana is small Mexican Restaurant on Germantown Road a little north of Wolf River Blvd. They also have a location in East Memphis on Poplar, but that location is new and I don't know if that it's is open yet.

I've been there several times but had not been recently, and it was as good as I remember! It's definitely not your typical Mexican restaurant. The owner is from Mexico City and the dishes are authentic, made the way he grew up eating them. Everything I've had there has been great.

This picture is from this past Saturday afternoon. I had a rehearsal near there and went in for a late lunch on the way home. This is chicken tamales with green sauce and white cream.

The prices are a little more probably than your typical Mexican restaurant, but for that price, you get great, all fresh ingredients, and I have yet to have anything that wasn't just fantastic. They don't even have cheese dip, and normally I pick Mexican restaurants based on their queso, so that give you an idea of how much I like their food. This order of two tamales with chips was around $11.00, but well worth the price.

The only reason I don't go there more often is because I don't get over to that area much any more.






No comments:

Post a Comment