Friday, January 5, 2018

The Mellow Mushroom, Memphis,TN

The Mellow Mushroom

MAP

The Mellow Mushroom is a national chain, and generally, I won't be reviewing many chains because as a rule, I prefer privately owned and "mom and pop" types of restaurants, but this was the first time I have been there, and it was surprisingly good.

There are two locations in this area, but I went to the one at Park Avenue and White Station Road in Memphis. Prices were probably a little high for a pizza joint. I spent almost $19 before tip for a soda and small pizza. The pizza was plenty for a meal, but definitely just enough for one person.

I got the "House Special" which is basically a supreme. It had their house red sauce along with pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, ham, and bacon, and the veggies were mushroom, black olives, roma tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and mozzarella. It was really good. My friend also ordered a side order of hummus and I tried that and it was really good as well.

The ambiance was a little too noisy for my personal taste. I met a buddy of mine there, and we had to talk really loudly to hear each other over the background clamor. That said, however, overall, I enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment